TopicJobst Medical Legwear - Brief Guide

• Tue 13th Mar 2018 - 12:03pm

The nutrition experts are still telling us to eat whole grains; brown JRHONEST rice, whole wheat bread, oats, and other cereals to help us stay slim, due to the fiber's role in controlling appetite. The low glycemic numbers of grains may also play a role in keeping insulin under control, and together with the greens and fruit we can keep healthy.

Research has also shown that whole-grain products protect against diabetes, heart disease, stroke, cancer, and high blood pressure. These benefits are provided by the vitamins, minerals and fiber provided by eating plants. The wholeness nutrition in the grains is the value that is lacking in refined white flour products, so the general advice is to go brown; well go greens first anyway-with some fruit.
    I sympathize, I've been there, and still watch my weight with the same sort of cuisine, but with a difference. On an impulse after almost giving up on my diet, and on a shopping trip to the supermarket a couple of weeks ago, I suddenly had the taste for something I had been missing; in fact a taste for things I hardly ever had or thought of before-sauces. Not sauces for the sake of stocking sauces, but sauces en masse for a reason. I realized that if I had previously used the sauces that were in front of me on that supermarket shelf, I would have enjoyed my diet snacks of the past eight weeks a lot more, and perhaps reduced the after meal craving to carry on eating.

Please register or login to post forum replies